- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
MDP is branding the govt as a coup govt to deceive the masses- Yaamin
Parliamentary Group Leader of the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM), Abdullah Yaamin has said that the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) is branding the current government as a coup government to deceive the masses in their attempts to regain power.
Speaking at the public rally of PPM held at Addu City, Yaamin said that there was no coup involved in the transfer of power in February 7. He noted that the foreign dignitaries and organizations of the US, China, India and other countries have expressed their support for the current administration.
He said that the foreign dignitaries called for early election and to investigate the events which lead to the transfer of power.
Yaamin noted that MDP is noted for their deceitful slogans. He said that they use these terms to garner more attention to their false accusations. In addition to this, he urged all parties representing the national unity government to stop using these misleading terms of the MDP.