- Vice President calls for greater private sector engagement for effective health care delivery
- An individual suspected of being involved in large scale drug trafficking arrested
- President highlights bilateral cooperation between Maldives and Japan
- Shifag underscores importance of strengthening JP to achieve international success
- We will make our services agreeable for the people – Islamic Minister
- Kidney diseases and cancer treatments to be provided from the islands- Dr. Shakeela
- Child Support Trust Account to be established
- OPD duty at IGMH for all specialties to be harmonized
- Government Proposes Amendments to Three Revenue Bills
- Defence Minister returns to Male’ after concluding official visit to India
- Former President Waheed returns home to a warm welcome
- Trilateral security group of India, Maldives and Sri Lanka to be expanded
- No nepotism in JP- Imad
MDP is branding the govt as a coup govt to deceive the masses- Yaamin
Parliamentary Group Leader of the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM), Abdullah Yaamin has said that the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) is branding the current government as a coup government to deceive the masses in their attempts to regain power.
Speaking at the public rally of PPM held at Addu City, Yaamin said that there was no coup involved in the transfer of power in February 7. He noted that the foreign dignitaries and organizations of the US, China, India and other countries have expressed their support for the current administration.
He said that the foreign dignitaries called for early election and to investigate the events which lead to the transfer of power.
Yaamin noted that MDP is noted for their deceitful slogans. He said that they use these terms to garner more attention to their false accusations. In addition to this, he urged all parties representing the national unity government to stop using these misleading terms of the MDP.