- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
MDP holds street protests against the govt
-Protestors and Police clash during protest
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has held street protests in the capital Male’ City last night.
During the protest, clashes took place between the angry protestors and the Police when the Police tried to arrest those who demonstrated violent behavior during the protest.
According to the police, arrests were made regarding the violent behavior demonstrated by some of the protestors who have disobeyed police on duty, tried to forcefully break down into police barricades disturbing police to perform their legal duties.
25 protesters were apprehended for the charge of forcefully broke down into police barricades, crossing the security zone and disobeying police on duty.
Among the arrests made yesterday included a journalist who has represented CNM. He was apprehended on the charge of disobeying and disturbing police to perform their legal duties. In addition, while representing a registered local media, he used offensive language to police and behaved unprofessionally and against the code of conduct of media.
Former President Mohamed Nasheed participated in the early hours of the protest but he left the protest after sometime. However, many MPs and top officials of the opposition MDP were seen at the front line of the party.
MP Imthiyaz Fahmy said that the protests will be held every night.