- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
MDP has no chance of winning presidential election- Fuwad Gasim
Council member of the Jumhooree Party, Fuwad Gasim has said that there is no chance for the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) of winning the Presidential Election even if the party allies with another party or not.
Fuwad said that the people have suffered a lot during the 3 years of the MDP regime and have tasted the bitterness of the oppressive rule which only favours the members of MDP. He also said that the political parties and all those who helped MDP to win the 2008 elections were stabbed in the back by MDP.
He said that the people will not forget what the MDP government did with them by opposing and challenging the constitution and millions of Ruffiya they have usurped from the people.
“And the political parties who helped MDP to win the election were later stabbed in the back by the MDP. They will not forget this,” he said.
“This is not only what I believe, rather this is what the people tell me. The people are witnessing the MDP becoming more and more powerless every passing day,” he said.
Fuwad said that many of the leaders of MDP and the activists are not seen in the recent rallies of MDP. He said that if this is the case now MDP will be totally powerless in the upcoming election of 2013.
Fuwad said that MDP leadership has been showing signals that they would reject the report of the Commission of National Inquiry on the power transfer of February 7.
“There own international spokesperson, MP Hamid Abdul Ghafoor is claiming that they want an election this year regardless of the conclusion of the commission of national inquiry. This shows that MDP is a undemocratic party,” Fuwad stressed.