- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
- Mandela an example of democracy- Gasim
- With Yameen’s visit, ties with Maldives set to shine again
- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
MDP decides not to participate in an election that Nasheed can’t partake
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has decided not to participate in an election that the MDP Presidential candidate, former President Mohamed Nasheed cannot partake.
In the meeting of the MDP national council at Usfasgandu last night, the decision was taken with the unanimous agreement of the 66 members present.
Speaking at Usfasgandu, former Home Minister Hassan Afeef said that MDP will not partake in any election that the former President Nasheed is obstructed from participating.
The resolution was submitted by Henveiru Dhekunu MP Hamid Abdul Ghafoor. Members said that the national council of the party decided as such in relation to the charges against Nasheed sent to the court for prosecution because the government is politically motivated to destroy him. They said that the MDP does not believe that Nasheed should be prosecuted when the crimes of current President Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik and former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom are left uninvestigated.