- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
Maldives IT Infrastructure Development Programme to be implemented
The cabinet has yesterday decided to implement a Maldives IT Infrastructure Development Programme, to incorporate a wider range of modern technology in the development of the country.
The decision was made at the cabinet meeting held yesterday, following discussions on a proposal from the Ministry of Transport and Communication regarding the project.
The main objective of this project is to facilitate the achievement of the government’s developmental goals, while providing better public service via a nationwide computer network.
Members noted that this project would enable more feasible public service, with the use of smart cards, and provide improved surveillance through the network. Members also pointed out that the project would in turn significantly minimise the government’s expenses made in providing public service.
At yesterday’s cabinet meeting, discussions were also held on the compilation of the employment policy of the Maldives, following which members came to a decision on the policy.