- EarthCheck certifies Centara Grand Maldives
- Soneva unveil new wellness programs
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives tops TripAdvisor North Malé Atoll rangking within six weeks
- IGMH resumes anaesthetic service
- Person reported missing from Fresmaathodaa has been found alive
- Manhunt launched related to case of assault with a sharp object
- Large drug bust and arrest in Addu City
- President to give President Medals to O Level world top achievers
- Defence Minister departs to Geneva for the “Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction” forum
- Govt is working to maintain the core of this nation- President
- Gasim vows to compensate for the damages of Tsunami on Filladhoo
- DRP was divided by Gayoom, not Umar Naseer- Thasmeen
- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
Maldives IT Infrastructure Development Programme to be implemented
The cabinet has yesterday decided to implement a Maldives IT Infrastructure Development Programme, to incorporate a wider range of modern technology in the development of the country.
The decision was made at the cabinet meeting held yesterday, following discussions on a proposal from the Ministry of Transport and Communication regarding the project.
The main objective of this project is to facilitate the achievement of the government’s developmental goals, while providing better public service via a nationwide computer network.
Members noted that this project would enable more feasible public service, with the use of smart cards, and provide improved surveillance through the network. Members also pointed out that the project would in turn significantly minimise the government’s expenses made in providing public service.
At yesterday’s cabinet meeting, discussions were also held on the compilation of the employment policy of the Maldives, following which members came to a decision on the policy.