- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
Long term planning is required to resolve the dollar issue- Economic Minister
Economic Minister Ahmed Mohamed has said that long term planning is required to resolve the dollar issue and that the dollar rate will not come down anytime sooner.
Speaking to the media, Minister Ahmed Mohamed said that there will no positive results just by artificially increasing or decreasing the rate of the dollar as was done by the former regime. He said that the issue can be resolved only by implementing planned out efficient policies.
Minister Ahmed Mohamed said that the shortage of the dollar increases the price of the commodities and this can be solved only by increasing the dollar income.
He said that the government is now working on increasing foreign investments to solve the dollar shortage in the Maldives.
The Minister said that the government will be initiating new projects under the plan of recovering the country from dollar shortage and other economic issues related to it.