- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Long term planning is required to resolve the dollar issue- Economic Minister
Economic Minister Ahmed Mohamed has said that long term planning is required to resolve the dollar issue and that the dollar rate will not come down anytime sooner.
Speaking to the media, Minister Ahmed Mohamed said that there will no positive results just by artificially increasing or decreasing the rate of the dollar as was done by the former regime. He said that the issue can be resolved only by implementing planned out efficient policies.
Minister Ahmed Mohamed said that the shortage of the dollar increases the price of the commodities and this can be solved only by increasing the dollar income.
He said that the government is now working on increasing foreign investments to solve the dollar shortage in the Maldives.
The Minister said that the government will be initiating new projects under the plan of recovering the country from dollar shortage and other economic issues related to it.