- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Long term planning is required to resolve the dollar issue- Economic Minister
Economic Minister Ahmed Mohamed has said that long term planning is required to resolve the dollar issue and that the dollar rate will not come down anytime sooner.
Speaking to the media, Minister Ahmed Mohamed said that there will no positive results just by artificially increasing or decreasing the rate of the dollar as was done by the former regime. He said that the issue can be resolved only by implementing planned out efficient policies.
Minister Ahmed Mohamed said that the shortage of the dollar increases the price of the commodities and this can be solved only by increasing the dollar income.
He said that the government is now working on increasing foreign investments to solve the dollar shortage in the Maldives.
The Minister said that the government will be initiating new projects under the plan of recovering the country from dollar shortage and other economic issues related to it.