- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
Large number of people partake in pre-Ramadan dinner of JP
A large number of people gathered in the Artificial Beach last night to partake in the pre-Ramadan dinner held by the Jumhooree Party.
JP Council member Mohamed Imthiyaz told Miadhu Daily that last night’s even is the first of its kind held by the party. He said that the event garnered a lot of support from the people and it was the result of the developments and progress of the party in recent times.
“We first thought that only a hundred supporters would join us in the pre-Ramadan activity. We did not even advertise the event. We only sent sms messages to out well wishers in the evening. However, even after one and half an hour since the start of the event, people were still lining up in queue near the buffet table. This is a success for the party,” he said.
Due to unexpected circumstances the leader of the party Gasim Ibrahim was able to join the event a bit later, he said.
In Gasim Ibrahim’s address at the event he expressed thanks to all the participants of the event. He said that he was very happy to see such a large number of people at the event.
Gasim Ibrahim said that the party had submitted nearly 10,000 membership forms recently to the Elections Commission. He said that there is hope that the party will garner more members and the total membership will reach 30,000 within the end of this year if the party works sincerely.