- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Japan Ambassador meets with Commissioner of Police
On 2nd July 2012, Japan Ambassador Mr Nobohito Hobo met with Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz at Police Headquarters in Hussain Adam Building.
The main focus of the discussion was on strengthening and maintaining the close relationship between the two nations, particularly in policing, and information sharing within two nations. They also discussed regarding attachment programs for police officers of two nations to enhance human resource development.
On this meeting Commissioner of Police expressed his appreciation and requested the Ambassador to assist in capacity building and infrastructure development for the Maldives Police Service.
Japan Ambassador conveyed his sincere gratitude to the Commissioner and assured that the Japan government will facilitate and help to strengthen Maldives Police Service.