- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
- Mandela an example of democracy- Gasim
- With Yameen’s visit, ties with Maldives set to shine again
- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
It is not wise for Gayoom to refuse participation in All Party Talks- MDP
Opposition Maldivian Democratic (MDP) has said that it is not wise for the former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom to refuse participation in the All Party Talks.
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, MDP Spokesperson and Maafannu Uthuru constituency MP, Imthiyaz Fahmy (Inthi) said that it is disappointing that Gayoom refuse to partake in the talks just because former President Mohamed Nasheed is participating in the talks.
Inthi said that it is very unwise of Gayoom to refuse to participate in programs such as the all party talks which is a matter of national importance.
“It is saddening to know that Gayoom will not partake in the next all party talks. This is not something that will bring any benefit for the country. This is very unwise of him to refuse it out of a mere grudge,” he said.