- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
Islamic Minister calls to reject issues raised by UN which are in opposition against Islam
Minister of Islamic Affairs Sheikh Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed has called the government to reject all issues raised by the UN Human Rights Commission which are in opposition to the fundamentals of Islam.
Sheikh Shaheem said that the UN Human Rights Committee’s report called the government to permit freedom of religions and abolish flogging and the death penalty and also to give homosexuals their “rights. He said that these issues raised by the UN is against Islam and the constitution and cannot be implemented in the Maldives.
Sheikh Shaheem said that the Ministry rejects all issues raised in the report which against Islam and at the same time agree with the other issues raised which are of benefit to the country.
The Minister noted that the former regime pushed foreign organisations to interfere with the religious issues of the country and threatened the state.