- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
Islam guarantees and safeguards human rights- Sheikh Abdul Aziz
Sheikh Abdul Aziz Hussein has said that no other religion guarantees and safeguards human rights like the religion of Islam. The Sheikh made this remark speaking at a Ramadan Revival Forum session organized by Ministry of Islamic Affairs.
Sheikh Abdul Aziz said that other religions and ideologies have no equality and have divided the people into different caste and classes. He said that in Islam there is no discrimination and racism.
The sheikh said that Islam does not favour individuals or nations because of their wealth, power, or race. He said that Islam protects honor and the life and property of all people are considered sacred.
“Islam has provided the right to education. Islam has provided the right to know the rights. Islam has provided the right to attain and spend wealth. Islam has provided the right to work. Islam has provided the right to earn and eat and drink from what is lawful. Then what is it that they want from Islam?” he said.
Sheikh Abdul Aziz said that the right to live is right granted to all people and Islam forbids taking the life of any person without any right to do so as prescribed in the Shariah. He said that any one who kills of a person without any due right is considered to be a major sinner.
The sheikh stressed that the penalty of death upon murderers is not implemented to violate the rights but to safeguard and protect the rights of the general people. He said that even disbelievers implement this penalty upon murderers because they believe that it is a just penalty.