- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
Islam guarantees and safeguards human rights- Sheikh Abdul Aziz
Sheikh Abdul Aziz Hussein has said that no other religion guarantees and safeguards human rights like the religion of Islam. The Sheikh made this remark speaking at a Ramadan Revival Forum session organized by Ministry of Islamic Affairs.
Sheikh Abdul Aziz said that other religions and ideologies have no equality and have divided the people into different caste and classes. He said that in Islam there is no discrimination and racism.
The sheikh said that Islam does not favour individuals or nations because of their wealth, power, or race. He said that Islam protects honor and the life and property of all people are considered sacred.
“Islam has provided the right to education. Islam has provided the right to know the rights. Islam has provided the right to attain and spend wealth. Islam has provided the right to work. Islam has provided the right to earn and eat and drink from what is lawful. Then what is it that they want from Islam?” he said.
Sheikh Abdul Aziz said that the right to live is right granted to all people and Islam forbids taking the life of any person without any right to do so as prescribed in the Shariah. He said that any one who kills of a person without any due right is considered to be a major sinner.
The sheikh stressed that the penalty of death upon murderers is not implemented to violate the rights but to safeguard and protect the rights of the general people. He said that even disbelievers implement this penalty upon murderers because they believe that it is a just penalty.