- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
Islam guarantees and safeguards human rights- Sheikh Abdul Aziz
Sheikh Abdul Aziz Hussein has said that no other religion guarantees and safeguards human rights like the religion of Islam. The Sheikh made this remark speaking at a Ramadan Revival Forum session organized by Ministry of Islamic Affairs.
Sheikh Abdul Aziz said that other religions and ideologies have no equality and have divided the people into different caste and classes. He said that in Islam there is no discrimination and racism.
The sheikh said that Islam does not favour individuals or nations because of their wealth, power, or race. He said that Islam protects honor and the life and property of all people are considered sacred.
“Islam has provided the right to education. Islam has provided the right to know the rights. Islam has provided the right to attain and spend wealth. Islam has provided the right to work. Islam has provided the right to earn and eat and drink from what is lawful. Then what is it that they want from Islam?” he said.
Sheikh Abdul Aziz said that the right to live is right granted to all people and Islam forbids taking the life of any person without any right to do so as prescribed in the Shariah. He said that any one who kills of a person without any due right is considered to be a major sinner.
The sheikh stressed that the penalty of death upon murderers is not implemented to violate the rights but to safeguard and protect the rights of the general people. He said that even disbelievers implement this penalty upon murderers because they believe that it is a just penalty.