- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
- Mandela an example of democracy- Gasim
- With Yameen’s visit, ties with Maldives set to shine again
- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
Individual people should move forward with the nation to preserves independence- Adheeb
Tourism Minister Ahmed Adheeb has said that individual people should leave “political fights” to politicians and should move forward with the nation to preserve the state’s sovereignty and independence.
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Adheeb said that political competition exists in every country and with the establishment of party system the political rivalry among political parties would increase.
“My appeal to the people is to stop revolving around politicians and should busy themselves with building the nation,” he said.
Minister Adheeb said that competition among politicians is something necessary but it should be within the confines of politics. And it should not lead to violence and use of arms against each other.
“We are now of the thought to leave politics to politicians. To leave them in their rivalry. We the people should be hard working. We should be earn from our own work and should be self sufficient. Or else our country will be plunged into a bottomless pit of economic crisis’s,” he said.
He said that everyone can put up a fight but to achieve matters through our physical strength is something of the past. Today we should work hard to achieve our goals, he said.