- Pest control operation in Dh. Kudahuvadhoo
- 2 apprehended and 1 being sought in relation to case of assault
- Police delegation returns from training with the FBI
- President Waheed reaffirms commitment to improve the standard of IGMH
- Police help rescue Snorkeler who went missing
- EU Ambassador pays farewell call on President Waheed
- President’s Office directs all govt offices to participate winners of national Quran competitions at official functions
- 23rd Session of the Human Rights Council concludes in Geneva
- JP congress to be held on July 10
- AK underscores the importance of more people joining to get economic freedom
- Home Ministry requests all to refrain from painting public areas in political colours
- Police begins eradicating graffiti from the walls of Male’ City
- Individual found dead in Bilehdhoo
Indian High Commission appeals all parties to maintain Peace and Calm
The High Commission of India has stated that the recent escalation of tensions in Maldives is a matter of serious concern.
The High Commission of India appealed to all political Parties and socio-political organizations to maintain peace and calm and cooperate in the efforts to maintain law and order.
The High Commission also reiterated the need for all the Parties to work together in the spirit of cooperation and reconciliation to resolve all the outstanding issues.
Furthermore, the High Commission of Indian noted that it is important that setting aside their differences in this context, and the Parties should hold talks to ameliorate the current situation so that day to day life of Maldivian people is not affected adversely.