- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
If this is not investigated today then MDP MPs will threaten us at knife point- Nihan
VilliMaafannu constituency MP, Ahmed Nihan Hussain Manik has said if the case of the disruption of the work of the committee formed to investigate the former President Mohamed Nasheed’s violations of the constitution during his rule is not investigated today then the MPs of the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) will threaten the committee members at knife point.
Nihan said that today the MPs are forced to come out to streets holding the constitution. He said that if justice is not served in this case of the disruption of the work of the committee by violence then MDP MPs will threaten the MPs at knife point to achieve their political agendas.
“They will threaten Jabir at gunpoint and will force him to take back the resolution,” he said.
VilliMaafannu MP Nihan said that no one can challenge and disrupt the work of a state establishment. He said that such a person will be deemed a criminal in front of the law.
Nihan said that the MDP members are in total desperation that they are perpetrating such crimes because they fear that the violations of the constitution by the former President will become exposed to the public.
Nihan said that investigating the accusations made against former President is not only conducted in Maldives but rather it is done even in the United States and other countries. In this regard, he noted the Watergate scandal which eventually led to the resignation of Richard Nixon, the President of the United States, the only resignation of a U.S. President. He added that the scandal resulted in the indictment, trial, conviction and incarceration of 43 people, including dozens of top Nixon administration officials.
MP Nihan also said that the Peoples’ Majlis investigated the accusations against President Ibrahim Nasir.
Nihan stressed that the former President Nasheed’s violations of the constitution have resulted in so much damage to the country that has never been recorded in the history of Maldives.