- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
If this is not investigated today then MDP MPs will threaten us at knife point- Nihan
VilliMaafannu constituency MP, Ahmed Nihan Hussain Manik has said if the case of the disruption of the work of the committee formed to investigate the former President Mohamed Nasheed’s violations of the constitution during his rule is not investigated today then the MPs of the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) will threaten the committee members at knife point.
Nihan said that today the MPs are forced to come out to streets holding the constitution. He said that if justice is not served in this case of the disruption of the work of the committee by violence then MDP MPs will threaten the MPs at knife point to achieve their political agendas.
“They will threaten Jabir at gunpoint and will force him to take back the resolution,” he said.
VilliMaafannu MP Nihan said that no one can challenge and disrupt the work of a state establishment. He said that such a person will be deemed a criminal in front of the law.
Nihan said that the MDP members are in total desperation that they are perpetrating such crimes because they fear that the violations of the constitution by the former President will become exposed to the public.
Nihan said that investigating the accusations made against former President is not only conducted in Maldives but rather it is done even in the United States and other countries. In this regard, he noted the Watergate scandal which eventually led to the resignation of Richard Nixon, the President of the United States, the only resignation of a U.S. President. He added that the scandal resulted in the indictment, trial, conviction and incarceration of 43 people, including dozens of top Nixon administration officials.
MP Nihan also said that the Peoples’ Majlis investigated the accusations against President Ibrahim Nasir.
Nihan stressed that the former President Nasheed’s violations of the constitution have resulted in so much damage to the country that has never been recorded in the history of Maldives.