- Message by Minister of Foreign Affairs on the occasion of the International Human Rights
- Quick steps will be taken to provide quality health care- Minister
- Gasim urges to allocate budget to train professional journalists
- Halal certificate issuing to be gazetted next week
- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
If Nasheed is sincere he will wait for CoNi report- Fuwad Gasim
Jumhooree Party council member Fuwad Gasim has said that the former President Mohamed Nasheed will wait for the Commission of National Inquiry (CoNI) to conclude their investigation into the transfer of power on February 7 if he is sincere.
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Fuwad Gasim noted that earlier Nasheed and his party, the Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP), expressed confidence in the new composition of the Commission by President Dr. Mohamed Waheed as per the advise of the Commonwealth Ministerial Action Group (CMAG) on 16 April to make the Commission impartial and independent.
Fuwad said that if Nasheed is true in his words that he is confident in the new commission then he should wait until the commission concludes the investigation and issue the report. He said that it is not acceptable that Nasheed being a former head of state cannot wait until that and come out to the streets and damage the economy of Maldives.
In view of the series of violent protests of MDP against the government, Fuwad said that it is the result of total desperation of Nasheed and his ilk because they know that they cannot win any election in the recent 30 or 40 years.
“The world economy is facing many challenges. Our economy is in peril. So in such a situation no person who is concerned of the country and the people will do anything that damages the image of the country and damage the economy,” he said.