- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Human Rights Council’s report cannot be considered a report of the UN- Govt
-“Rights” mentioned in the report cannot be granted ever in Maldives
Spokesperson of the government, Abbas Adil Riza has said that the report of the United Nation’s Human Rights Council (UNHRC) regarding the Maldives cannot be considered a report which was issued by the UN after study and research.
Abbas Adil Riza told Miadhu Daily that the report of the UN Human Rights Council was based on the research of the human rights condition reports submitted by the former President Mohamed Nasheed’s regime. He said that Nasheed’s administration has lied and exaggerated many issues in order to achieve their political goals through a web of deceit.
“This is a web they (MDP government) have spun in 2010. They had been hatching the plan knowing the date the report would be issued by the council. Their plan was to use the report as tool to extinguish the light of Islam from Maldives. They wanted to make this report as a means to introduce gay marriages, build churches, allow Maldivians to practice other religions,” he said.
Abbas said that it was with Allah’s grace that MDP was not in power when the report was issued. And now Nasheed and Shaheed’s plot to destroy the Islamic unity of Maldives has been foiled.
Abbas accused Nasheed and Dr. Shaheed of trying to make the UN as enemy of the Maldives in the eyes of the people. He said that Nasheed and Shaheed can never become successful in their sinister plots.
“UN is an organisation very close to Maldives. The Maldives and UN has very good relations. Those two individuals cannot do anything to change this. UN assists us the most as an organisation. We get full cooperation from all the branches of the UN,” he said.
Abbas reiterated that Nasheed and Dr. Shaheed can never succeed in allowing same sex marriages and apostasy from Islam. He said that there is no room for anything against the fundamentals of Islam.