- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Govt will not step back fearing threats of MDP to maliciously burn the country: Abbas
Press Secretary Abbas Adil Riza has said that the government will not step back fearing the threats of the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) to maliciously burn the country.
Abbas told Miadhu Daily that the government of President Dr. Mohamed Waheed is government which abides by the legislation and will not succumb to threats of those who want to force the government into violating the legislation.
He said that the government will not take even one step backward and will not be threatened the least by the threats of the MDP to hold protests throughout the country to incite the international organizations to pressurize the government.
“Maldives has legislation and constitution that everyone should follow. No one will be exempted from this even if it be that a group of people threaten to this and that or to burn this place and that place down. No one will be given the opportunity to break and violate the legislation,” he said.
Refuting the claims of those who are fanatically attached to former President Mohamed Nasheed and claims to be loyal to him even if he commits felony and criminal activities, Abbas said that regardless of the smallness of the country no one will be given the opportunity to play with the independence and sovereignty of Maldives.
Abbas said that the people of Maldives are now aware of the importance of following the constitution. “The people have seen enough opposition to the constitution in the three years of the former regime. Now the people won’t give them this chance,” he said.
Moreover, the Press Secretary said that the people now realize the insincerity and hypocrisy of former President Nasheed.