- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Govt has not decided on the deadline of CoNI’s investigation: Abbas
Press Secretary Abbas Adil Riza has said that the President Dr. Mohamed Waheed has not decided on the deadline of the Commission of National Inquiry (CoNI)’s investigation, on the controversial transfer of power on February 7, despite the commission’s announcement that commission’s report will be delayed from the original deadline which is July 31.
In an interview to Miadhu Daily, Abbas said that the CoNi has informed the government that they will not be able conclude their investigation on July 31, the original deadline proposed by the President.
Speaking to the press, CNI’s Co-Chair retired Singaporean Judge G P Selvam said that the Commission will not be able to conclude the investigation and finish the report on July 31 but the report will be completed by the end of August. He said that although the original date of the commencement of the investigation was on July 1, the commission was able to initiate the investigation on July 17.
CNI’s Co-Chair said that he gives utmost importance to find all evidences and he will not conclude a case only after investigating all the evidences and proofs.
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed said that he will not interfere with any work of the commission and will give every opportunity for the commission to do everything they can to make the investigation impartial and fair.