- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
Govt Condemn MDP call that US Ambassador a “Baagee”
The government of Maldives condemn MDP demonstrator’s call that the United Sates Ambassador Patricia A. Butenis a “Baagee” or “traitor” yesterday.
Demonstrating outside the Traders Hotel where a reception to mark the 236th anniversary of the independence of the United States of America were held, a dozen of MDP supporters led by Parliamentarians Mrs. Eva Abdulla, Mr. Hamid Abdul Qafoor and Mr. Ibrahim Rasheed called out inflammatory statements against USA and its allies. The Government call on MDP to stop spreading hatred among the people and resort to lawful means of addressing any grievances.
It has come to the information of the Government of Maldives that the sudden decision to demonstrate unlawfully yesterday was to show Mr. Nasheed’s supporters that he does not regard USA as an important partner of Maldives.
The Government of Maldives reaffirms the close friendship between USA and Maldives and such heinous acts to disrupt the democratic process that has been ongoing in the Maldives since 2004 will not be hindered.