- Message by Minister of Foreign Affairs on the occasion of the International Human Rights
- Quick steps will be taken to provide quality health care- Minister
- Gasim urges to allocate budget to train professional journalists
- Halal certificate issuing to be gazetted next week
- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
Gayoom urges all to spend the days and nights of Ramadan in righteous actions
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has urged all Muslims to spend the days and nights of Ramadan in righteous actions.
The interim President of the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM), former President Gayoom made this remark while speaking at the pre-Ramadan dinner held last night for the members of PPM.
He said that the upcoming month of Ramadan is a blessed month and the days and nights should not wasted but every Muslim should occupy himself or herself with worship and righteous actions.
Gayoom said that PPM strives to bring happiness and joy to the people of Maldives and this work of the PPM is not restricted to the benefit or advantage of one person. He said that there are some who show rancor in their hearts for the PPM because the party has been gaining membership. He said that despite the opposition of these people who are disappointed with PPM gaining publicity and membership, the party will move forward.
“No one should interfere in others businesses. We should stand firm. Let those who are disappointed on how the reality has turned out to be then let them be disappointed,” Gayoom said.