- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
Gayoom urges all to spend the days and nights of Ramadan in righteous actions
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has urged all Muslims to spend the days and nights of Ramadan in righteous actions.
The interim President of the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM), former President Gayoom made this remark while speaking at the pre-Ramadan dinner held last night for the members of PPM.
He said that the upcoming month of Ramadan is a blessed month and the days and nights should not wasted but every Muslim should occupy himself or herself with worship and righteous actions.
Gayoom said that PPM strives to bring happiness and joy to the people of Maldives and this work of the PPM is not restricted to the benefit or advantage of one person. He said that there are some who show rancor in their hearts for the PPM because the party has been gaining membership. He said that despite the opposition of these people who are disappointed with PPM gaining publicity and membership, the party will move forward.
“No one should interfere in others businesses. We should stand firm. Let those who are disappointed on how the reality has turned out to be then let them be disappointed,” Gayoom said.