- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
Gayoom claims he was persecuted in Nasheed’s regime
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has said that he was persecuted and wronged during the regime of the former President Mohamed Nasheed.
Former President Gayoom made this remark speaking at the public rally of the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) held at Hulhumeedhoo yesterday.
Gayoom said that he could not visit Hulhumeedhoo for so long because of the many obstructions on him during the former President Nasheed’s government. He said that Nasheed’s government was very hostile towards him and he and his family were victimized by Nasheed’s government and the former ruling party Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP).
Gayoom noted that the members of the MDP tried to attack him and his family while he was at his residence in Male’. He said that the activists of the MDP threw stones at his residence.
He said that Nasheed wronged him and mistreated him so much that he had to live in fear even in his own residence in his own country.