- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Gayoom claims he was persecuted in Nasheed’s regime
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has said that he was persecuted and wronged during the regime of the former President Mohamed Nasheed.
Former President Gayoom made this remark speaking at the public rally of the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) held at Hulhumeedhoo yesterday.
Gayoom said that he could not visit Hulhumeedhoo for so long because of the many obstructions on him during the former President Nasheed’s government. He said that Nasheed’s government was very hostile towards him and he and his family were victimized by Nasheed’s government and the former ruling party Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP).
Gayoom noted that the members of the MDP tried to attack him and his family while he was at his residence in Male’. He said that the activists of the MDP threw stones at his residence.
He said that Nasheed wronged him and mistreated him so much that he had to live in fear even in his own residence in his own country.