- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
FRS extinguishes fire at Police building in Holhudhoo island
Firemen from MNDF Northern Area Headquarter’s Fire and Rescue Service reacted to an incident where unknown individuals burned the building which was developed to be used by the Maldives Police Service.
Firemen and Marines from Madivaru Post were dispatched immediately after the fire incident was reported at about 0245hrs last night. By the time they reached Holhudhu Island at about 0310hrs, the fire had not been fully extinguished yet. Thus, the fire was brought under control after the servicemen pumped seawater at the fire.
The building was developed by Holhudhoo Island Council to provide services by Maldives Police Service. The fire destroyed all of the furnishing, two bicycles which were used to patrol the island and a motorcycle, as informed by Maldives Police Service. The incident is currently being investigated by Maldives Police Service.