- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
FRS extinguishes fire at Police building in Holhudhoo island
Firemen from MNDF Northern Area Headquarter’s Fire and Rescue Service reacted to an incident where unknown individuals burned the building which was developed to be used by the Maldives Police Service.
Firemen and Marines from Madivaru Post were dispatched immediately after the fire incident was reported at about 0245hrs last night. By the time they reached Holhudhu Island at about 0310hrs, the fire had not been fully extinguished yet. Thus, the fire was brought under control after the servicemen pumped seawater at the fire.
The building was developed by Holhudhoo Island Council to provide services by Maldives Police Service. The fire destroyed all of the furnishing, two bicycles which were used to patrol the island and a motorcycle, as informed by Maldives Police Service. The incident is currently being investigated by Maldives Police Service.