- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Everyone should do their part in maintaining peace in the Maldives- Sheikh Imran
President of the Adhaalath Party, Sheikh Imran Abdullah has said that everyone single Maldivian should be concerned with the current state of affairs of the country and everyone should do their party in maintaining peace and stability of the nation.
In an interview to Miadhu Daily, Sheikh Imran said that a country will remain a sovereign nation only by preserving peace and calm. He stressed that if there is no peace than the country will face innumerous challenges including challenges against development and progress.
Considering the increasing violence and killings in the society, more than 20 person would be stabbed to death by end of this year, Sheikh Imran said. He said that this should be brought to end and should not be left ignored.
“The Police and the armed forces alone cannot curb the crime rate now. Every single Maldivian should partake in this effort to curtail crime. The people should cooperate and assist with the law enforcement agencies in this,” he said.