- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
Everyone should do their part in maintaining peace in the Maldives- Sheikh Imran
President of the Adhaalath Party, Sheikh Imran Abdullah has said that everyone single Maldivian should be concerned with the current state of affairs of the country and everyone should do their party in maintaining peace and stability of the nation.
In an interview to Miadhu Daily, Sheikh Imran said that a country will remain a sovereign nation only by preserving peace and calm. He stressed that if there is no peace than the country will face innumerous challenges including challenges against development and progress.
Considering the increasing violence and killings in the society, more than 20 person would be stabbed to death by end of this year, Sheikh Imran said. He said that this should be brought to end and should not be left ignored.
“The Police and the armed forces alone cannot curb the crime rate now. Every single Maldivian should partake in this effort to curtail crime. The people should cooperate and assist with the law enforcement agencies in this,” he said.