- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
Everyone should do their part in maintaining peace in the Maldives- Sheikh Imran
President of the Adhaalath Party, Sheikh Imran Abdullah has said that everyone single Maldivian should be concerned with the current state of affairs of the country and everyone should do their party in maintaining peace and stability of the nation.
In an interview to Miadhu Daily, Sheikh Imran said that a country will remain a sovereign nation only by preserving peace and calm. He stressed that if there is no peace than the country will face innumerous challenges including challenges against development and progress.
Considering the increasing violence and killings in the society, more than 20 person would be stabbed to death by end of this year, Sheikh Imran said. He said that this should be brought to end and should not be left ignored.
“The Police and the armed forces alone cannot curb the crime rate now. Every single Maldivian should partake in this effort to curtail crime. The people should cooperate and assist with the law enforcement agencies in this,” he said.