- EarthCheck certifies Centara Grand Maldives
- Soneva unveil new wellness programs
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives tops TripAdvisor North Malé Atoll rangking within six weeks
- IGMH resumes anaesthetic service
- Person reported missing from Fresmaathodaa has been found alive
- Manhunt launched related to case of assault with a sharp object
- Large drug bust and arrest in Addu City
- President to give President Medals to O Level world top achievers
- Defence Minister departs to Geneva for the “Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction” forum
- Govt is working to maintain the core of this nation- President
- Gasim vows to compensate for the damages of Tsunami on Filladhoo
- DRP was divided by Gayoom, not Umar Naseer- Thasmeen
- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
EU delegation pays courtesy call on the President
The delegation of the European Union visiting the Maldives for Independence Day has paid a courtesy call on President Dr Mohamed Waheed.
At the meeting held at the President’s Office yesterday, President Waheed briefed the delegation on the current political status of the country, and the measures being taken by the government in stabilising the political climate of the country.
The President also spoke of the importance of the participation from independent institutions, the role of all political parties, and the cooperation and unity among the people of the Maldives, in the efforts being taken in restoring harmony in the country.
At the meeting, members of the EU delegation reassured of their full support and assistance in stabilising the political situation of the Maldives. They also spoke of the crucial need to convene all-party talks, to establish unity, and restore peace and calm in the country.