- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
- Mandela an example of democracy- Gasim
- With Yameen’s visit, ties with Maldives set to shine again
- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
EU delegation pays courtesy call on the President
The delegation of the European Union visiting the Maldives for Independence Day has paid a courtesy call on President Dr Mohamed Waheed.
At the meeting held at the President’s Office yesterday, President Waheed briefed the delegation on the current political status of the country, and the measures being taken by the government in stabilising the political climate of the country.
The President also spoke of the importance of the participation from independent institutions, the role of all political parties, and the cooperation and unity among the people of the Maldives, in the efforts being taken in restoring harmony in the country.
At the meeting, members of the EU delegation reassured of their full support and assistance in stabilising the political situation of the Maldives. They also spoke of the crucial need to convene all-party talks, to establish unity, and restore peace and calm in the country.