- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
Emergency resolution submitted against Tourism boycott call by Nasheed
An emergency resolution has been submitted to the Peoples’ Majlis by Maduvvari constituency MP Visam Ali against former president Mohamed Nasheed’s call to boycott Maldives tourism.
The resolution was submitted under the Act 145 and Act 149 of the regulations of the Peoples’ Majlis.
According to MP Visam, the emergency resolution was submitted in relation to the former president Nasheed’s call to boycott Maldives tourism in an interview to the Financial Times which will have a drastic effect on the economy of the Maldives.
28 members voted in favour of the resolution while 12 members voted against it. 19 members spoke in the debate on the resolution.