- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
Elections Commissioner urges all to respect the blessed month of Ramadan
President of the Elections Commission, Fuwad has urged all to respect the blessed month of Ramadan and to hold their activities without disrupting peace and disturbing the worshippers.
In an interview to Miadhu Daily, Fuwad said that the people of Maldives give special importance to worship and religious matters in the month of Ramadan. He said that the people of Maldives are also culturally attached to this blessed month.
He said that many people have raised concern regarding the protests and political activities held by the Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) and therefore the elections commission will be holding a meeting today among its members to seek a solution to these concerns.
When worshippers in the Islamic Centre was preparing to pray the first Taraweeh prayer after the announcement of the sighting of moon for the blessed month of Ramadan, the activists and members of the MDP started a loud protest near the mosque disturbing the peace. Many have raised concerns that many of the MDP protestors who have been arrested during MDP protests were positive for drugs.