- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
- Mandela an example of democracy- Gasim
- With Yameen’s visit, ties with Maldives set to shine again
- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
Education Minister urges to renew aspirations to maintain sovereignty of the Maldives
Education Minister Dr. Asim Ahmed has urged school students to renew their aspiration to maintain sovereignty of the Maldives upon Islamic principles.
The Education Minister said this in a statement addressed to the students, parents and education sector staffs on the occasion of the 47th Independence Day of the Maldives.
Minister Dr. Asim called to make efforts to educate and cultivate the children upon Islamic etiquettes and manners and to hold activities in the schools to remind them of the great struggle of our forefathers to maintain the independence and sovereignty of the state.
The Minister said that it is the responsibility of the students of today to pass on the bounty and blessing of sovereignty and freedom to the next generation. In this regard, he called the students to renew their aspirations and determinations to maintain the sovereignty and independence of the country upon Islamic principles and moral values. He urged the students to obey rules and regulations and to respect others.
The Minister called the parents to not expose the children to ideological attacks that are threatening the peace and calm of the nation whether it be through the internet or the TV. He said that the children should be safeguarded from such exposures.