- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
Education Minister urges to renew aspirations to maintain sovereignty of the Maldives
Education Minister Dr. Asim Ahmed has urged school students to renew their aspiration to maintain sovereignty of the Maldives upon Islamic principles.
The Education Minister said this in a statement addressed to the students, parents and education sector staffs on the occasion of the 47th Independence Day of the Maldives.
Minister Dr. Asim called to make efforts to educate and cultivate the children upon Islamic etiquettes and manners and to hold activities in the schools to remind them of the great struggle of our forefathers to maintain the independence and sovereignty of the state.
The Minister said that it is the responsibility of the students of today to pass on the bounty and blessing of sovereignty and freedom to the next generation. In this regard, he called the students to renew their aspirations and determinations to maintain the sovereignty and independence of the country upon Islamic principles and moral values. He urged the students to obey rules and regulations and to respect others.
The Minister called the parents to not expose the children to ideological attacks that are threatening the peace and calm of the nation whether it be through the internet or the TV. He said that the children should be safeguarded from such exposures.