- Sri Lanka, India and Maldives take part in trilateral maritime exercise
- Shelters to be built in Hulhule’ ferry service area
- SAARC Secretary General Saleem calls on the President
- It is not permissible for Muslims to enter temples, churches and synagogues- Fiqh Academy
- Wide variety of programs for the youth to be commenced- Maleeh
- Budget problems will be solved when the authorities are made accountable for state expenses- Amir
- Ali Hameed underscores importance of increasing the state reserve
- Japan grants aid of 200 million Yen to Maldives
- Germany grants 3 million Euro project to support for climate neutrality strategy of the Maldives
- President Yameen and First Lady accept invitation for an official visit to Japan
- Postage Stamp Museum inaugurated
- We will seek out drug dealers from which ever country they hide- Home Minister
- Govt wants to reduce taxi fares- Minister
Dramas of MDP are not new for the US- Fuwad Gasim
Jumhooree Party’s Council member Fuwad Gasim has said that the dramas of the opposition Malidivian Demoratic Party (MDP) is not something new for the US and other world countries.
Speaking to Miadhu Daily Fuwad said that MDP came out to the streets to show off to the visiting Ambassador of the United States to the Maldives and other foreign diplomats who are here to celebrate the independence day of the US.
“They want to show to the world and mislead the international community into believing that the present government is not impartial and is attuned to only the needs of a certain group. They will not succeed in this weak attempt. Our present government is not like the MDP government. The current government is just and fair and will not favour any group over the other. All criminals will face justice despite their political affliation,” he said.
Fuwad said that the international community is very well aware of the policies of the present government and the world will not fall for every tale told by the MDP.
“Only the same people will fall for them, the people who wants this country to promote all religions. Those who want to usurp the country through MDP like David Hardingham,” he said.
Fuwad said that the MDP is getting these opportunities to come out to the streets and obey what every the former President Mohamed Nasheed order them with because some government establishments are hesitant to take action against them.