- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
Dialysis Unit inaugurated at Hulhumale Hospital
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has Thursday inaugurated Dialysis Services at the Hulhumale Hospital. At the ceremony held at Thursday afternoon, the President said that facilitating this service at the Hulhumale Hospital was part of the government’s policy to provide more healthcare services outside of Male’.
Expressing his gratitude to the private individuals who had contributed to the availability of dialysis service, President Waheed underlined the priority given by the government to provide such services without entirely being dependent on the government budget.
In his speech, the President noted that the availability of dialysis services in Hulhumale was a good fortune, by the grace of Almighty Allah, for the families residing there. He also shared plans of providing the service this year in two other regions of Maldives, with a higher population.
Following the inauguration of dialysis service at the Hulhumale Hospital, President Waheed observed the service being provided at the Dialysis Unit.