- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Development brought to the country in three years is incomparable to that of thirty years- Nasheed
Former President Mohamed Nasheed has said that the development brought to the country in his three year rule is incomparable to that of the thirty years of rule of the former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom.
Speaking at the MDP rally held at Usfasgandu, MDP presidential candidate Nasheed said that during the thirty year long rule of Gayoom there was only two harbours in the country.
And during the end of Gayoom’s regime, the only development brought was that the lavish residences and large storages of the Gayoom’s close associates and friends.
In addition to this Nasheed said that there were sewerage systems were established only in two islands of the Maldives. He said that at that time it was believed to be a very hard work.
In comparision to this, Nasheed said that his government established sewerage systems in many of the islands and established a national transport system making travelling between the islands easier for the people.