- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Development brought to the country in three years is incomparable to that of thirty years- Nasheed
Former President Mohamed Nasheed has said that the development brought to the country in his three year rule is incomparable to that of the thirty years of rule of the former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom.
Speaking at the MDP rally held at Usfasgandu, MDP presidential candidate Nasheed said that during the thirty year long rule of Gayoom there was only two harbours in the country.
And during the end of Gayoom’s regime, the only development brought was that the lavish residences and large storages of the Gayoom’s close associates and friends.
In addition to this Nasheed said that there were sewerage systems were established only in two islands of the Maldives. He said that at that time it was believed to be a very hard work.
In comparision to this, Nasheed said that his government established sewerage systems in many of the islands and established a national transport system making travelling between the islands easier for the people.