- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
Defence Minister starts an official visit to Sri Lanka
Minister of Defence and National Security Mohamed Nazim started an official visit to Sri Lanka on 17th of this month. This visit is aimed at enhancing the long standing defence relations between the two countries and discuss on ways of obtaining further assistance from Sri Lanka for the development of MNDF.
During this visit, the Minister called on Mahindha Rajapaksa, the President of Sri Lanka and shared views on further strengthening the defence and security relations between both countries. During this four day long visit, he also met with HE Gotabaya Rajapaksa – Secretary to the Ministry of Defence and Urban Development, Chief of Defence Staff, Commander – Sri Lanka Army, National Intelligence Chief and also the South Korean and Kuwait Ambassadors in Sri Lanka.
During this visit, the Minister would be signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Kotelawala Defence University, aimed at facilitating cooperation on training and education, and for MNDF personnel to obtain training and higher education.
The Minister is accompanied during this visit by Brigadier General Zakariyya Mansoor – Commander of Centra Area, Brigadier General Abdulla Shamaal – Commander, Training and Doctrine Command and LTC Ibrahim Hilmy – Principal Director, International Defence Corporation.