- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
Defence Minister starts an official visit to Sri Lanka
Minister of Defence and National Security Mohamed Nazim started an official visit to Sri Lanka on 17th of this month. This visit is aimed at enhancing the long standing defence relations between the two countries and discuss on ways of obtaining further assistance from Sri Lanka for the development of MNDF.
During this visit, the Minister called on Mahindha Rajapaksa, the President of Sri Lanka and shared views on further strengthening the defence and security relations between both countries. During this four day long visit, he also met with HE Gotabaya Rajapaksa – Secretary to the Ministry of Defence and Urban Development, Chief of Defence Staff, Commander – Sri Lanka Army, National Intelligence Chief and also the South Korean and Kuwait Ambassadors in Sri Lanka.
During this visit, the Minister would be signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Kotelawala Defence University, aimed at facilitating cooperation on training and education, and for MNDF personnel to obtain training and higher education.
The Minister is accompanied during this visit by Brigadier General Zakariyya Mansoor – Commander of Centra Area, Brigadier General Abdulla Shamaal – Commander, Training and Doctrine Command and LTC Ibrahim Hilmy – Principal Director, International Defence Corporation.