- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Decision to reinstate Civil Servants even during an economic drawback shows govt’s sincerity- JP
Jumhooree Party (JP) has stated that the government’s decision to reinstate the salaries of the civil servants even with the economic drawback to the state shows the sincerity of the government.
JP council member Fuwad Gasim said that economic woes faced by the government now is much worse than that which was faced by the former government in 2010.
“The revenue is less. The debt has been doubled. The budget deficit has increased. But even with these economic drawbacks the decision of the government to reinstate the full salaries of the civil servants shows that the present government is genuine and is working sincerely to restore the rights of the people,” he said.
Fuwad noted that the government has not stopped any of the services to the people despite the disturbance caused by the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) in the streets during the blessed mont of Ramadan. He said that the government is curbing the riots while maintaining the rights of the people and continuing to serve them.
Moreover, Fuwad reiterated the government will always seek to protest the assets of the public and make the people self sufficient. He said that achieving this is the biggest role of the JP in the government coalition.