- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
Decision to reinstate Civil Servants even during an economic drawback shows govt’s sincerity- JP
Jumhooree Party (JP) has stated that the government’s decision to reinstate the salaries of the civil servants even with the economic drawback to the state shows the sincerity of the government.
JP council member Fuwad Gasim said that economic woes faced by the government now is much worse than that which was faced by the former government in 2010.
“The revenue is less. The debt has been doubled. The budget deficit has increased. But even with these economic drawbacks the decision of the government to reinstate the full salaries of the civil servants shows that the present government is genuine and is working sincerely to restore the rights of the people,” he said.
Fuwad noted that the government has not stopped any of the services to the people despite the disturbance caused by the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) in the streets during the blessed mont of Ramadan. He said that the government is curbing the riots while maintaining the rights of the people and continuing to serve them.
Moreover, Fuwad reiterated the government will always seek to protest the assets of the public and make the people self sufficient. He said that achieving this is the biggest role of the JP in the government coalition.