- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
Corruption and strife can be stopped by punishing Nasheed- PPM
Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) has stated that the corruption and strife lead by the former President Mohamed Nasheed can only stopped by punishing him.
PPM Protest Committee Chair and Council member Ahmed Siddeeg informed Miadhu Daily that the violent protests currently held by the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) are causing a lot of trouble and difficulty for the people. He said that Nasheed should be punished for spreading corruption and strife and inciting hatred.
Siddeeg said that it is a matter of grave concern that MDP protestors are attacking random people on the streets during these protests. He said that all these crimes are lead by the former President and to stop these crimes, he should be arrested.
He said that the MDP activists are violating the rights of the people on the streets. He said that Nasheed is usually a person who violate the rights of others and disregard them. He said that this is how the former President Nasheed seeks to achieve his political agenda.
In addition to this, Siddeeg said that these protests held by MDP are in opposition to the constitution, Police regulations and law. He said that if the government does not stop these illegal actions perpetrated by the MDP then the people will be forced to stop them.