- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
Corruption and strife can be stopped by punishing Nasheed- PPM
Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) has stated that the corruption and strife lead by the former President Mohamed Nasheed can only stopped by punishing him.
PPM Protest Committee Chair and Council member Ahmed Siddeeg informed Miadhu Daily that the violent protests currently held by the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) are causing a lot of trouble and difficulty for the people. He said that Nasheed should be punished for spreading corruption and strife and inciting hatred.
Siddeeg said that it is a matter of grave concern that MDP protestors are attacking random people on the streets during these protests. He said that all these crimes are lead by the former President and to stop these crimes, he should be arrested.
He said that the MDP activists are violating the rights of the people on the streets. He said that Nasheed is usually a person who violate the rights of others and disregard them. He said that this is how the former President Nasheed seeks to achieve his political agenda.
In addition to this, Siddeeg said that these protests held by MDP are in opposition to the constitution, Police regulations and law. He said that if the government does not stop these illegal actions perpetrated by the MDP then the people will be forced to stop them.