- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
Central Area soldiers assist a vessel in distress
MNDF Central Area soldiers have assisted a vessel that was in distress due to water seepage. Upon receiving report of the incident this afternoon, a Harbor Craft launch was immediately dispatched from MNDF Kudahuvadhoo Post to assist the vessel. Central Area soldiers controlled the flooding by using water pumps and tugged the vessel to F.Feeali habour by evening.
It is stated that the engine room of the vessel started flooding while around 9 miles off Faafu Atoll and the vessel was travelling from Male’ to Dhaalu Atoll. There were 4 people onboard at the time of the incident including two Maldivians and two foreigners and no injuries were reported due to this incident.