- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
British High Commissioner, Iraqi Ambassador and Iranian Ambassador call on the President
British High Commissioner to the Maldives John Rankin, Iraqi Ambassador to the Maldives Kahtan Taha Khalaf, and Iranian Ambassador to the Maldives Mohamed Nabi Hassani Pour have paid courtesy calls on President Dr Mohamed Waheed yesterday.
At separate meetings held at the President’s Office, the President highlighted the close relations between the Maldives and the three countries. The President also shared with the executives, the current economic and political status of the country, and the measures being taken by the government in solving the issues faced in the Maldives. The President further spoke on the importance of all-party talks for restoring harmony in the country.
At the meeting, the executives spoke on ways to further strengthen the close relationships established between the Maldives and their respective countries. And they assured of their full support and cooperation in stabilising the political climate in the Maldives.