- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
British High Commissioner, Iraqi Ambassador and Iranian Ambassador call on the President
British High Commissioner to the Maldives John Rankin, Iraqi Ambassador to the Maldives Kahtan Taha Khalaf, and Iranian Ambassador to the Maldives Mohamed Nabi Hassani Pour have paid courtesy calls on President Dr Mohamed Waheed yesterday.
At separate meetings held at the President’s Office, the President highlighted the close relations between the Maldives and the three countries. The President also shared with the executives, the current economic and political status of the country, and the measures being taken by the government in solving the issues faced in the Maldives. The President further spoke on the importance of all-party talks for restoring harmony in the country.
At the meeting, the executives spoke on ways to further strengthen the close relationships established between the Maldives and their respective countries. And they assured of their full support and cooperation in stabilising the political climate in the Maldives.