- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Amendment to students uniform regulations proposed- Islamic Minister
Minister of Islamic Affairs, Sheikh Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed has said that the Ministry has proposed an amendment to students’ uniform regulations to the Ministry of Education.
This was stated by the Minister in the Ramadan Ihya nights session held last Friday. The amendment proposed was to allow boys above 15 years to grow their beards.
“When girls are allowed to go to school wearing skirts that does not cover their knees the boys are not allowed to sport a beard. Wearing miniskirts and so forth is forbidden in Islam. Growing the beard is a prophetic Sunnah. So why is that it is prohibited in schools? What is the view of the Islamic Ministry regarding this?”, asked one of the youth from the audience of the session. Answering this the State Minister of Islamic Affairs,Sheikh Mohamed Didi said that the Ministry has requested the Education Ministry to make the school uniform regulations in conformity with the Islamic dress code.
Sheikh Mohamed Didi said that sessions have been held among religious scholars regarding this issue and to solve this issue through the Education Ministry was the unanimous decision of the session.
“Some senior members of different schools also participated in the session. So I believe that the Education Ministry will amend the uniform regulations in accordance to the Islamic dress code,” he said.
Minister of Islamic Affairs Sheikh Shaheem said that the role of the Ministry is to clarify the Islamic ruling in issues like this and this has been clarified to the authorities.