- EarthCheck certifies Centara Grand Maldives
- Soneva unveil new wellness programs
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives tops TripAdvisor North Malé Atoll rangking within six weeks
- IGMH resumes anaesthetic service
- Person reported missing from Fresmaathodaa has been found alive
- Manhunt launched related to case of assault with a sharp object
- Large drug bust and arrest in Addu City
- President to give President Medals to O Level world top achievers
- Defence Minister departs to Geneva for the “Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction” forum
- Govt is working to maintain the core of this nation- President
- Gasim vows to compensate for the damages of Tsunami on Filladhoo
- DRP was divided by Gayoom, not Umar Naseer- Thasmeen
- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
26 People creating chaos in Addu City sent for trial
Maldives Police have ended investigation on 26 people in Addu City for creating chaos and has sent investigation reports to Prosecutor General for prosecution. The 26 were arrested for creating havoc, damaging government and public property including torching of government buildings in the city. The suspects were threatening public with arson and obstructing police duty.
The group with iron bars and rams and other arson, on February 8 this year, spread mayhem in the city wards had been suspected of looting police property and damaging several public properties.
Reports of 19 from the 26 investigated were sent to Prosecutor General on July 3 and the rest of the other seven were sent on July 5.