- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
26 People creating chaos in Addu City sent for trial
Maldives Police have ended investigation on 26 people in Addu City for creating chaos and has sent investigation reports to Prosecutor General for prosecution. The 26 were arrested for creating havoc, damaging government and public property including torching of government buildings in the city. The suspects were threatening public with arson and obstructing police duty.
The group with iron bars and rams and other arson, on February 8 this year, spread mayhem in the city wards had been suspected of looting police property and damaging several public properties.
Reports of 19 from the 26 investigated were sent to Prosecutor General on July 3 and the rest of the other seven were sent on July 5.