- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
- Mandela an example of democracy- Gasim
- With Yameen’s visit, ties with Maldives set to shine again
- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
We should not let our political differences stand in the way of development – President Waheed
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has said that our political difference should not stand in the way of sustainable development of the country. The President made this remark while addressing the people of Dhiddhoo, as part of his current visit to some islands of Haa Alifu atoll.
In his speech, the President assured that he would never take any politically motivated action against an individual, and asked from the members of his cabinet, and other elected officials, to continue serving the people loyally, justly, and honourably.
Speaking to the people of Dhiddhoo, President Waheed also spoke on the importance of putting aside political differences in achieving our desired developmental goals.
Speaking in this regard, the President noted that a country could not be fully developed unless peace and calm, and harmony among the people were established and maintained. Continuing on, the President said that for the developmental projects to be carried out in the islands smoothly, the people needed to work together in unity, and the people who were trying to prevent such programmes needed to be stopped.