- Message by Minister of Foreign Affairs on the occasion of the International Human Rights
- Quick steps will be taken to provide quality health care- Minister
- Gasim urges to allocate budget to train professional journalists
- Halal certificate issuing to be gazetted next week
- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
We are all responsible for the drug problem in this country-VP
Vice President Mohamed Waheed Deen has said that we are all responsible for the pressing problem of drug abuse in the country, and that we should all work together in resolving the issue.
The Vice President made this remark while speaking at the commemorative ceremony of the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
Highlighting the government expenditures on rehabilitation, the Vice President said that those coming back into society from the prison or after completing rehabilitation should be trained vocationally, at the facilities. He also said that a rehab would not be considered fully functional if it could not bring back into the community, productive and useful individuals.
Vice President Waheed Deen further spoke on the high crime rate in the Maldives, stressing the importance of looking into its underlying causes.
In his speech, the Vice President noted the efforts being made by the different NGOs in the country, in protecting this generation from the clutches of illegal drugs, and expressed his appreciation for the NGOs’ work.