- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
Signing BBC weather sponsorship is an achievement for Maldives’ Tourism – VP
Vice President Mohamed Waheeduddeen has said that signing a marketing and advertising agreement with the BBC, for Maldives’ tourism promotion, was to be considered an achievement and a success.
The Vice President made this remark while speaking at the BBC weather sponsorship signing ceremony held yesterday at the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island. The agreement was signed between the Maldives Marketing and Public Relations Corporation (MMPRC) and BBC, for broader international promotion of Maldives’ tourism.
In his speech, the Vice President noted that as the tourism industry of the country was celebrating 40 years, the people of the Maldives were always determined to maintain the beautiful environment of the country, so that it would always remain the paradise it is for generations to come.
Concluding his speech, Vice President Waheeduddeen expressed his hopes that the relationship with BBC marketing would continue, and would bring in more tourists to the Maldives.