- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Signing BBC weather sponsorship is an achievement for Maldives’ Tourism – VP
Vice President Mohamed Waheeduddeen has said that signing a marketing and advertising agreement with the BBC, for Maldives’ tourism promotion, was to be considered an achievement and a success.
The Vice President made this remark while speaking at the BBC weather sponsorship signing ceremony held yesterday at the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island. The agreement was signed between the Maldives Marketing and Public Relations Corporation (MMPRC) and BBC, for broader international promotion of Maldives’ tourism.
In his speech, the Vice President noted that as the tourism industry of the country was celebrating 40 years, the people of the Maldives were always determined to maintain the beautiful environment of the country, so that it would always remain the paradise it is for generations to come.
Concluding his speech, Vice President Waheeduddeen expressed his hopes that the relationship with BBC marketing would continue, and would bring in more tourists to the Maldives.