- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
Report released by Nasheed is an act of terrorism- Abbas
Press Secretary Abbas Adil Riza has said that the report authored by former Housing Minister Mohamed Aslam and former National Security Advisor Ameen Faisal and released by former President Mohamed Nasheed is act of terrorism.
Abbas said that it is very irresponsible to publish such a report when the government has formed a committee to investigate the events of February 7. He said that it is not upon groups and individuals to release baseless reports causing hatred and dissent against the law enforcement agencies.
Abbas said that he urges the respected authorities to investigate the release of this report by the former President and his two former cabinet ministers, Aslam and Ameen Faisal.
There reports that the officers of the law enforcement agencies named in the report and their families are facing different kinds of threats because of it.
According to the report a coup was planned and how the law enforcement officers and the armed forces participated in it.
Meanwhile, a top commanding officer of the armed forces when asked regarding the allegations said to Miadhu Daily that it should be asked to those who released this report that if they claims that they got intelligence of the alleged coup then why was is that no action was taken to stop this coup. He also said to ask them regarding what was done to prevent this coup when they claim that they already knew that there was a plan to bring down the government in a coup.