- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
Report released by Nasheed is an act of terrorism- Abbas
Press Secretary Abbas Adil Riza has said that the report authored by former Housing Minister Mohamed Aslam and former National Security Advisor Ameen Faisal and released by former President Mohamed Nasheed is act of terrorism.
Abbas said that it is very irresponsible to publish such a report when the government has formed a committee to investigate the events of February 7. He said that it is not upon groups and individuals to release baseless reports causing hatred and dissent against the law enforcement agencies.
Abbas said that he urges the respected authorities to investigate the release of this report by the former President and his two former cabinet ministers, Aslam and Ameen Faisal.
There reports that the officers of the law enforcement agencies named in the report and their families are facing different kinds of threats because of it.
According to the report a coup was planned and how the law enforcement officers and the armed forces participated in it.
Meanwhile, a top commanding officer of the armed forces when asked regarding the allegations said to Miadhu Daily that it should be asked to those who released this report that if they claims that they got intelligence of the alleged coup then why was is that no action was taken to stop this coup. He also said to ask them regarding what was done to prevent this coup when they claim that they already knew that there was a plan to bring down the government in a coup.