- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Public Works Services Established
The President has yesterday established a government institution entitled Public Works Services under the Ministry of Housing and Infrastructure.
Public Works Services is established with the objective of a state institution providing support to the government with infrastructure development projects, under the supervision of the Ministry of Housing and Infrastructure. The service was previously provided by Works Corporation Ltd, a government corporation with 100% government share. The government decided to change the work over to Public Works Services, as it was found to be most beneficial to carry out such work by a government institution.
Public Works Services would mainly undertake the maintenance and renovation of harbours and jetties in the islands, and other similar projects of the government. Moreover, Public Works Services would assist in building football grounds and road construction in islands, and in taking immediate steps in overcoming damages caused due to natural disasters.