- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Public Works Services Established
The President has yesterday established a government institution entitled Public Works Services under the Ministry of Housing and Infrastructure.
Public Works Services is established with the objective of a state institution providing support to the government with infrastructure development projects, under the supervision of the Ministry of Housing and Infrastructure. The service was previously provided by Works Corporation Ltd, a government corporation with 100% government share. The government decided to change the work over to Public Works Services, as it was found to be most beneficial to carry out such work by a government institution.
Public Works Services would mainly undertake the maintenance and renovation of harbours and jetties in the islands, and other similar projects of the government. Moreover, Public Works Services would assist in building football grounds and road construction in islands, and in taking immediate steps in overcoming damages caused due to natural disasters.