- Pest control operation in Dh. Kudahuvadhoo
- 2 apprehended and 1 being sought in relation to case of assault
- Police delegation returns from training with the FBI
- President Waheed reaffirms commitment to improve the standard of IGMH
- Police help rescue Snorkeler who went missing
- EU Ambassador pays farewell call on President Waheed
- President’s Office directs all govt offices to participate winners of national Quran competitions at official functions
- 23rd Session of the Human Rights Council concludes in Geneva
- JP congress to be held on July 10
- AK underscores the importance of more people joining to get economic freedom
- Home Ministry requests all to refrain from painting public areas in political colours
- Police begins eradicating graffiti from the walls of Male’ City
- Individual found dead in Bilehdhoo
President Waheed meets the people of Hoarafushi
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has called on the people to maintain peace, and work in unity, for the country to move forward smoothly.
The President made this remark while addressing the people of Hoarafushi, as part of his current visit to some islands in Haa Alifu Atoll.
In his speech, the President said that regardless of the political party we belonged to, or our home island, we are all Maldivian citizen, and that for us to work united is vital for the development and prosperity of the country.
Speaking in this regard, President Waheed said that as the President of the Maldives, his most important duty was to ensure peace, unity, and harmony among the people.
The President noted that there were amendments to be brought to the constitution, and that bringing those amendments was the second most important thing required for the country to move forward.