- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
President Waheed concludes visit to Haa Alifu Atoll
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has arrived back in Male’ following the conclusion of his recent visit to some islands in Haa Alifu Atoll. The President yesterday visited Baarah Island, as the last leg of his visit to the atoll.
Meeting the people of Baarah, the President spoke on the measures being taken by the government in solving the challenges faced by the people, and the developmental projects planned for the island.
President Waheed reiterated that this government would not discriminate among the people, regarding the political parties they belonged to. The President also said that the government would ensure that all Maldivian citizens are provided their constitutional rights.