- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
President Waheed briefs the Cabinet on Rio+20
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has yesterday briefed the cabinet on his recent visit to Rio de Janeiro to attend the United Nations conference on Sustainable Development, Rio+20.
Speaking at the meeting, the President noted that Heads of State from over 120 countries took part at this conference, and shared their sustainable development plans. The President especially underlined the great cooperation from world leaders at the summit, on certain challenging areas.
At today’s meeting of the cabinet, members advised the President on declaring Falhuverrahaa of Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll, as part of Villingili island of Gaafu Alifu Atoll.