- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
President calls for better efforts in maintaining our beautiful environment
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has called for better efforts to be made in safeguarding the beautiful, clean and peaceful environment in the Maldives it is famous for. The President made this appeal while addressing the gathering at the welcome ceremony held at the official jetty, on the President’s arrival to Male’ following the conclusion of Rio+20.
In his speech, the President said that the Maldives’ participation in the Rio summit brought further attention to the Maldives, and that the United Nations Secretary General was encouraging of the work being done for the environment of the Maldives.
Highlighting the special attention given to environmental issues by all Maldivians, President Waheed informed the Maldivian students that he had delivered their message to the world leaders at the Rio+20, regarding the students’ concerns on sustainable development.
In his speech, the President announced the World Bank’s guarantee to the Maldives in the protection and preservation of its environment and adaptation to renewable energy.