- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
Prabakaran also first called to come out to the streets armed with clubs- Abbas
Press Secretary Abbas Adhil Riza has said that the former President Mohamed Nasheed is following the footsteps of Prabakaran, the leader of the Tamil Tigers.
Abbas said that Prabakaran also did not start using heavy weapons but called his followers to come out to the streets armed with clubs. He said that likewise Nasheed is today calling his followers to come out to the streets armed with clubs.
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, the Press Secretary said that during a meeting held at Male’ City Hall Nasheed and his followers from the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) are in total desperation when they called out and pledges to engage in terrorism. He said that this call for terrorism by the former President Nasheed is one of the biggest success achieved by the present government of President Dr. Mohamed Waheed in the past four months.
“This exposes the true colour of Nasheed to the world. Nasheed used to say at first that there will be no peace without his government. But the world now knows it is not so. Now he is trying to initiate acts of terrorism,” he said.
Abbas said that Nasheed is not claiming that the Presidential Elections will not be held even in 2013. He added that the world does not believe these claims of Nasheed.