- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Prabakaran also first called to come out to the streets armed with clubs- Abbas
Press Secretary Abbas Adhil Riza has said that the former President Mohamed Nasheed is following the footsteps of Prabakaran, the leader of the Tamil Tigers.
Abbas said that Prabakaran also did not start using heavy weapons but called his followers to come out to the streets armed with clubs. He said that likewise Nasheed is today calling his followers to come out to the streets armed with clubs.
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, the Press Secretary said that during a meeting held at Male’ City Hall Nasheed and his followers from the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) are in total desperation when they called out and pledges to engage in terrorism. He said that this call for terrorism by the former President Nasheed is one of the biggest success achieved by the present government of President Dr. Mohamed Waheed in the past four months.
“This exposes the true colour of Nasheed to the world. Nasheed used to say at first that there will be no peace without his government. But the world now knows it is not so. Now he is trying to initiate acts of terrorism,” he said.
Abbas said that Nasheed is not claiming that the Presidential Elections will not be held even in 2013. He added that the world does not believe these claims of Nasheed.